Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Moved Here "Just" ...


Seems like we have at least one new person in our congregation every Sunday. When I introduce myself, I usually say, "We moved here 'just' ...." and tell when. 

I caught myself saying that recently to a man moving here from Xenia, Ohio. I realized that we've been here two whole years and it probably makes no sense to say "we moved here 'just' two years ago."

This was brought home to me again the same Sunday when I was talking with a woman who had a newborn. I realized that the one month old baby I met her with when we moved to Kirkland is now two years old and a big sister! The little girl looked really "grown up" that day as she talked about her baby sister. 

It didn't seem possible we could have been here long enough for this little girl to grow up so much! It was one of those "time warp" moments. Do those ever happen to you?


No comments:

Post a Comment