Sunday, May 26, 2013

Mistakes & Opportunities


"Mistakes are the portals of discovery." 

So true. This quote made me think of Thomas Edison's comments about persevering and learning from things that didn't go the way we planned or wanted. 

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is to try just one more time.” ― Thomas A. Edison

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.” ― Thomas A. Edison

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” ― Thomas A. Edison

So - going with advice from Winston Churchill
 "Never, never, never give up." 

***************
I'll soon be 67. In all these years I have made many mistakes and many things have not gone the way I expected or planned. Hopefully I have learned from these experiences and have even gained a bit of wisdom along the way. My intention is to use that wisdom to guide the rest of my journey here on earth. It will be a bonus if some of what I have learned benefits others. 


No comments:

Post a Comment