Sunday, May 5, 2013

Legacy Garden


At North Street I planted what I called my Legacy Garden. In the small patch of ground on the west side of our house, I planted flowers that came from gardens of family members and friends. 

Our neighbors saw this garden from their kitchen window and it was right next to their driveway. They saw it multiple times every day. It was somewhat more hidden to us because of its location. I encouraged our neighbor to plant in the garden also, since she saw it every day. She planted some flowers that had connections to her family. It was a shared garden. 

When we moved, I hoped that the new owner would take care of this garden and she and the neighbor would continue sharing the garden. 

Lily of the Valley has always been a favorite plant but I never had much luck growing them. When my brother and his wife moved from their Odessa Lane house in Dublin to the condominium, my sister-in-law gave me Lily of the Valley - they grew wonderfully in the Legacy Garden. 




No comments:

Post a Comment