Saturday, March 12, 2016

Messages

One of the very interesting things about communication from the Holy Ghost is that you never know when and where it's going to happen - or that we'll recognize it for what it is. For me, often I don't initially recognize a thought as coming from the Spirit. It's only later that I realize the origin and reason for the feeling. If I'm fortunate, I've followed the prompting, and done what the Spirit was telling me to do. Sometimes though I don't follow though on the feeling and then, when I realize the reason for the communication, I am sorry and disappointed in myself . The Lord wasn't able to use me as His hands, feet, and voice because I wasn't listening. I resolve to do better the next time. 
Back here I wrote about my trip to Ikea to purchase bookcases. While wandering the maze of the store, I was reminded that I needed to purchase a wedding gift for some friends. I wasn't coming up with any good ideas and was getting a bit discouraged. If I could buy something at Ikea, that would save me another shopping trip to purchase a gift. Then I had the feeling I should get things for the kitchen. Initially I resisted the feeling because I knew the couple was combining two households and probably wouldn't need kitchen items. But the feeling persisted so I purchased miscellaneous items. Some of them are pictured below. 
The next morning I was on my morning walk when I felt a very clear message, "Those things aren't for [the couple], they're for ... ." It became very clear to me why I'd been guided to these items. The previous day, after I got home from Ikea, I received a call from the Relief Society president. She told me that a woman and her little children had to quickly leave where they were living and were moving into an apartment with practically nothing to their names. They needed kitchen stuff! Amazing how that works. 

Now - I still needed a wedding gift! Thankfully the Spirit helped me come up with a fantastic idea - something that I hadn't even considered. 

Sometimes the Spirit helps us with BIG things, like the meaning of life or major life decisions.  Sometimes He helps us meet the needs of others. The key is listening and then doing. 



No comments:

Post a Comment