Sunday, March 13, 2016

Cake With A Reputation

Can you smell the chocolate? Can you taste the deliciousness? 

This is cake with a reputation! It's the kind of cake that comes into my mind periodically and I have to chase it out of my thoughts for days, weeks if I'm lucky, before deciding the restaurant is on my way to or from someplace else. 

When the topic of cake comes up with people in Kirkland, they are likely to say "Have you had the chocolate, chocolate cake from Deru?" That's accompanied by nodding heads and expressions of delight. Not long ago I was lunching with a group of women from our condominium complex. One of them announced that Deru is opening a second restaurant just a few blocks from us. We discussed whether or not it was a good thing to have something this tempting just two blocks away. 
*************

This is truly the best chocolate cake we've ever had. It's very dense. One piece actually feels heavy in the box. It's so rich that it's takes Joe and me two days to eat one shared piece. The other night this cake came up in a conversation with friends. The woman asked how we sliced the cake to share. Evidently her husband had recently done the dividing and she felt she didn't get her fair share of the luscious icing :)



1 comment: