Friday, March 18, 2016

Beauty In The Storm

Down at the lake one morning
It was so windy that all the ducks and birds were on the dock or shore
I was having trouble standing up against the wind
I was thinking about how this reflected life
We are facing some pretty fierce "winds" in our lives 
but we're still standing
and we're still noticing the beauty and blessings around us
********
Speaking of beauty and blessings - Just as these thoughts were going through my head and heart on that windy morning, I received a text from someone I dearly love. "I can't get you off my mind. Are you OK?" This was not only a virtual hug from a loved one but also a message that God is aware of me. He put me into the heart of someone who knows and loves me and that person followed the feeling and reached out to me - exactly when I needed it. What a tender mercy from God. In my mind this is what it means to be God's hands, feet, and voice. 

When you get those nudges, please follow the feelings. You probably will never know how much it means to the person you text, call, email, or even snail mail!


No comments:

Post a Comment