Thursday, January 29, 2015

Peace

Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. John 14: 27

We read this scripture the other day and it went right to my heart. I have often felt the peace that comes from Jesus Christ, his love, and his teachings - and from living his teachings. 

I think it's curious and awesome that it's possible to feel peace in the midst of challenges. When my heart feels troubled or I feel fear creeping into my being, I am thankful for this reminder that Christ offers peace that will calm the troubled heart and take away the fear. The challenge is still there but I can deal with it in a much calmer and more focused way. That peace is very real.




No comments:

Post a Comment