Monday, January 19, 2015

Christ - Exemplar & Shepherd

Exemplar and Good Shepherd are just two aspects of Christ's mission here on earth.

"As we understand that Jesus Christ is our example in all things, we can increase our desire to follow Him. The scriptures are full of encouragement for us to follow in Christ’s footsteps. To the Nephites, Christ said, “For the works which ye have seen me do that shall ye also do” (3 Nephi 27:21). To Thomas, Jesus said, “I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me” (John 14:6)." What would Jesus do? is not just a cliche, it's a way to live our lives - following His example.

"As we come to understand that Jesus Christ is the Good Shepherd, our desire increases to follow His example and serve those in need. Jesus said: “I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine. … And I lay down my life for the sheep” (John 10:14–15)."
John 10: 1-8 - Christ talks about being a shepherd

Learning about, pondering, and emulating Christ's various roles helps me get to know Him better. I can become more aware of how to follow Christ's example and how to assist with His sheep. I can become more like Him. 




No comments:

Post a Comment