Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father and Son

While I was thinking about Father’s Day, my mind wandered to scriptures that show a close and loving relationship between a Father and Son. The relationship between Jesus and his Father is an example for all of us.

Jesus wanted to please his Father.
 “”And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.” John 8:29

“…wist ye not that I must be about my Father’s business.”  Luke 2:49

 “… I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.” John 5:30

Jesus often communicated with his Father.
“And it came to pass in those days, that he went out into a mountain to pray, and continued all night in prayer to God.” Luke 6:12

Jesus looked to his Father for strength when he had difficult tasks ahead.
 “And he said, Abba, Father, all things are possible unto thee; take away this cup from me: nevertheless not what I will, but what thou wilt.” Mark 14:36

Jesus knew his Father was there for him.
 “… ye …shall leave me alone: and yet I am not alone, because the Father is with me.” John 16:32

No comments:

Post a Comment