Saturday, January 2, 2016

Worth Rereading

What books do you like to reread? 

When we moved, I put most of our books in bins in our storage room. All my favorites went in two well-labeled bins; I wanted to be able to easily find my favorites. 

After reading Kate Morton's newest novel, "The Lake House," I felt it was time to reread her books. I started with "The Forgotten Garden." This is probably the third time I've read the book. Even though I know the ending, I still enjoyed it. Each time though I catch nuances I missed previously. I gain an even greater appreciation for a good author and good story. 

The end of the book beautifully describes Nell's passing to the other side. I've long believed that a loved one comes to accompany us through this transition. 

"You're home," the Authoress tells Nell. "You're home." What beautiful words to hear and to feel on either side of the veil. 

See an earlier blog post about the book here.


No comments:

Post a Comment