Sunday, January 3, 2016

Statistics Memory

Fundamental Statistics in Psychology and Education
Joe used this book at The Ohio State University. 

When I came across the book recently, I was surprised with a vivid memory of statistics at The Ohio State University. 

It was in the early 1970s. I was teaching full time and working on my master's degree at OSU. It was a slow process, one or two courses a quarter, all in the evening. Statistics turned out to be a difficult class for me. That was a bit of a surprise since I had always liked all kinds of math. It was winter quarter. I remember trudging through snow and ice from the parking garage to the classroom. The class was taught in a large, auditorium-style room, the teacher a tiny speck at the bottom of the room. The room was overheated and I had to fight to stay awake at the end of a long day of teaching. I certainly was glad when the quarter and statistics class came to an end!
August 1970 



No comments:

Post a Comment