Thursday, January 7, 2016

Fearless

During a morning walk, the word “fearless” came into my being. (I have been trying to figure out how to express these experiences that involve my whole being as opposed to something that pops into my mind when I’m consciously trying to figure something out. What I’m trying describe comes totally out of the blue. Comes into my being? Comes into my mind and heart?) 

Anyway, it came to me that I have been “fearless,” no anxious feelings, for quite a while – and it feels very good, very calm, very peaceful.

That doesn’t mean I haven’t had challenges. We’ve had, and continue to have, many of those. But I don’t feel anxious about them. I’m not afraid of the known difficulties ahead. I’m not anxious about the unknown. 

As I pondered this experience throughout the day, several scriptures came to my mind. 

"Fear not." Luke 2: 10 "Fear thee not; for I am with thee" Isaiah 41: 10  

"Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." John 14: 27

I’ve pondered how this fearlessness came to be. I have been proactive about doing those things which banish fear and bring hope and peace. I’ve learned how to “hush my fears”* through scripture study, prayer, worship, and developing relationships with Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ and the Spirit. These practices, along with faith and hope, enable me to move forward – fearless. For that I am very grateful. 

***************

More "fear not"
*Mosiah 23: 27-28 & Talk by David Bednar about hushing our fears   

No comments:

Post a Comment