Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Fun Memories

When downsizing for our move to the condominium, I decided it was finally time to get rid of instructions and bits of cloth and thread from past projects using kits from Frostline.

Once upon a time I did a lot of sewing - thank you Mom for your tutoring. Back in 1972 I made quite a few items from Frostline kits - down jackets for the family, daypacks, stuff sacks, and a tent.
Here I am in December 1972 at Harvest Street sewing either John's or my jacket. They were a forest green. I made the dress I'm wearing. I still have and use that sewing machine!

Here I am in 2010 in the jacket. Even though I look like the Michelin Man in it, I love it because I'm never cold when I wear it.I have this jacket with us in Kirkland. It's been relegated to the storage room because it's never cold enough here to wear it. I should give it to someone gets cold and who doesn't mind looking all puffed up while she is warm. Oh how I miss our books and bookcases at North Street - and my reading chair.

February 1973 John and I went cross-country skiing. 
There's the orange day pack we sewed. 




No comments:

Post a Comment