Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Butterflies

See the butterflies on the back of this dress?

This dress has been around for a long time. I wore it often on our mission in Nassau, Bahamas (1996-97) because it was somewhat cool and Nassau was very, very hot and muggy most of the year. The picture below is dated September 9, 1996. I'm in our home, in Nassau. If I stood in just the right place under the ceiling fan, I could get air moving through the dress and my body could get a bit cooled off in our unairconditioned home. The clock says 8:30; I don't know if that's morning or evening. Either way it could get VERY hot in our apartment.
Our washing machine and dryer were on the back porch of our place in Nassau. Our water came from a well. One day we took the clothes out of the washer and discovered they were covered with rust spots. Disaster! I couldn't bear losing one of my favorite and most comfortable (and coolest) dresses. So I sewed butterflies over the rust spots. Took care of it for me. Wonder if anyone has ever noticed the butterflies and wondered about their placement?


No comments:

Post a Comment