Friday, June 5, 2015

Life - Musings


Recently I was sitting in a friend's apartment. T & I were visiting C, a member of our congregation. T and I are assigned as visiting teachers to C and three other women. We visit them at least once a month; touch base with them periodically, especially if we don't see them at church; send notes and texts of encouragement; and so forth. When we visit, we see how each woman is doing and deliver a message, hopefully one that's useful and full of the Spirit. 

C lives on the third floor and has a wonderful view of Lake Washington and Seattle. I could have gotten a much better shot if I'd gone out on her balcony, but I wanted to show you what I saw when I had this experience. 

While we talked, I glanced out the window and saw this very non-Central Ohio sight. My whole being was filled with a very complex mix of thoughts and feelings. Who would have thought that seeing Lake Washington and Seattle would be part of my daily life? That certainly wasn't in the life plan I'd prepared. Yet here I was - in a very happy place. 

Being involved in our community and church family brings new and great people into our lives. Being in this part of the country adds wonderful adventures to our lives. 

Life is good
and
We are very thankful


No comments:

Post a Comment