Sunday, May 3, 2015

Navigation



I've been slow to transition to the latest and greatest navigation tools. Paper maps to the in-car GPS was slow. Often I still print out maps "just in case." I like paper maps and getting an overview of where I'm going, and how. 

For some reason the map apps on my iPhone were confusing to me - until this trip to Ohio. 

This trip it worked flawlessly - or more accurately stated, the operator knew how to use the app. Why did it seem so easy, so obvious, when in the past it was anything but obvious to me?

I thought about a spiritual application - the program, information and directions were there all along - I just didn’t know how to access them and use them even though I had made an attempt to learn. 

That’s like God and the gospel. It takes practice and more than one or even several attempts. Once we get the "hang of it" we're surprised we ever thought it was complicated. 

No comments:

Post a Comment