Monday, May 4, 2015

Christ - Advocate

"Jesus Christ is our Advocate with the Father. The word advocate has Latin roots meaning “one who pleads for another.” The Savior pleads for us, using understanding, justice, and mercy. Knowing this can fill us with love and gratitude for His Atonement.

“Listen to [Jesus Christ] who is the advocate with the Father, who is pleading your cause before him—“Saying: Father, behold the sufferings and death of him who did no sin, in whom thou wast well pleased; behold the blood of thy Son which was shed, the blood of him whom thou gavest that thyself might be glorified; Wherefore, Father, spare these my brethren that believe on my name, that they may come unto me and have everlasting life” (Doctrine and Covenants 45:3–5)."

"My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous"  1John 2: 1


One of the most poignant examples of advocacy happened when Christ was on the cross. Referring to the criminals who hung on crosses on either side of Him, Christ said, "Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do." Luke 23: 34  He was advocating for others even at the end of His earth life. 

I am thankful for Christ's advocacy on my behalf. 

Click here to see scriptures about Christ as our Advocate.

No comments:

Post a Comment