Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Our Backs & Our Hands

God has our backs. He's always looking out for us. When I heard this mentioned in a talk at church my mind went back to the time I saw a tiny child being closely followed by his very tall father. The father had his arms extended ready to steady the toddler if needed. It came to me that we are like that toddler – teetering forward on our life’s journey. God has “our backs” and is ever ready to help. 

Then I thought about the child who wants to do her own walking but when she encounters rough terrain or an intersection, she takes the hand of the adult (hopefully). Isn’t that like us with God? We go along on our own, oftentimes oblivious to God’s presence. Periodically we reach out for His hand. And He is always there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment