Thursday, March 28, 2013

Salt Lake City Visits & Adventures


Michael Todd & I had several nice visits over dinner and lunch
It was wonderful to spend an evening with our dear friends Laurel & Denis. They are enjoying their new home in the Salt Lake City area & love being so close to many of their children & grandchildren
Salt Lake City at night - looking towards the temple 
from in front of Abravanel Hall
Nordstrom storefront lit up at night; it's white during the day
Abravanel Hall, a concert hall in downtown Salt Lake City, has a Chihuly sculpture in the lobby. It's pretty impressive at night. See Nordstrom blue reflection

Click on any of the photos to see a larger image


It snowed many of the days I was in town


Many spring flowers were blooming, including these miniature iris 
One day in the elevator, I caught my reflection and noticed my backpack. 
I took this picture for a future story on the places that backpack & I have been.

This magnificent building was originally the Hotel Utah, built in 1911. In 1993 it was totally renovated and reopened as the Joseph Smith Memorial Building. It is a grand building, especially the lobby. 


 The flower arrangements in the lobby are always beautiful


More posts about my Salt Lake City trip

Salt Lake City Gatherings
City Creek Center
Old & New
Tabernacle Concert & The Temple

Click on the "Utah" label to the right to see more pictures of Salt Lake City



No comments:

Post a Comment