Thursday, March 7, 2013

Hiding in Plain Sight! Behold!


I've had this computer for about three years. I use it a LOT. Many of these slots are used every day. In August I was back in Ohio to visit family. There were many cameras going and I was anxious to get copies of images other people took. I borrowed memory cards and put them into the memory card reader attached via USB to my computer. One of my nephews asked why I didn't use the card slot in my computer. I didn't know it was there! It had been hiding in plain sight all that time. I'm very glad he said something. That's one less item I have to carry with me when I travel.
Each time I put the card into the computer slot I wonder what's in plain sight and I've missed. I think that's part of the reason I'm focusing on "beholding." 

What am I missing because I am not paying attention? Am I unobservant and insensitive because I'm too busy or maybe just busy about "my own stuff", or because I'm just clueless to what's going on around me, or because I'm more focused on my own challenges than how I can serve others? I could come up with a multitude of reasons (excuses).

Am I aware of and paying attention to the people around me - their needs and wants, and their stories? What about nature? Do I see the beauty around me? What about Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ and the abundance of reminders that tell us they live and love us? Do I "see" and feel them and their influence in my life?

Like my nephew, me, and the card slot - we can help each other become more aware. Help people see things they might have been missing. I am thankful for those who have helped me open my natural eyes as well as my spiritual eyes. I am thankful for reminders from others and from the Spirit to "behold."


No comments:

Post a Comment