Saturday, October 8, 2016

Wendy's & The Spirit

Joe had a craving for Wendy's chili and Frosty the other day. As I walked home from the nearby Wendy's, I was reminded of a very special experience with the Spirit, Dad, and Wendy's Frosty. 

In December 2003 Dad was in Madison County hospital with pneumonia. As I was driving into London to see him one day, it came into my mind, "Get him a Frosty." I questioned the feeling because I didn't know if Dad even liked Frosty*. I thought I'd ask him and then get it on the next trip over. "GET HIM A FROSTY!" came to me very emphatically. So I did. Dad was delighted. The texture, temperature, and flavor greatly appealed to him. The word got out and the refrigerator freezer on Dad's corridor was soon filled to overflowing with Frosty for Dad! 

I treasure this memory as an example of the way the Spirit can help us with answers to questions we haven't even asked. If we follow the promptings, we can receive ideas that enable us to help ourselves or others - sometimes it's help with something "big." Sometimes it's something seemingly small - like a Frosty. 
June 2003
************************

Footnotes :)
-*Wendy's tweeted that the plural of Frosty is Frosty
-Back in 2003 Wendy's was using bright yellow cups. 
-A while back I read that the word "MOM" was "hidden" in the collar of Wendy's dress. A Wendy's representative said it was totally unintentional. 

No comments:

Post a Comment