Saturday, August 6, 2016

Trust in the Lord

"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding."  Proverbs 3: 5

This phrase has gone through my heart and mind often the last few weeks. It usually comes when I'm wondering how something is going to work out or how I should handle a situation. It comes when I'm "leaning to [my] own understanding," when I'm trying to figure something out and don't see a viable solution. 

Most of the time, the Lord sends someone or something to address the situation. Sometimes it's right away, other time's it's not so quickly. It's happened often enough that I'm learning what it means to trust in the Lord. 
************

When I looked up the scripture to write this post, I was struck by the phrase "with all thine heart." I'd forgotten that was part of the scripture. "With ALL thine heart." 

"Trust in the Lord" appears in many scriptures. Click here to see a few of them. 






No comments:

Post a Comment