Thursday, August 4, 2016

A Patient Voice

Back in the summer of 2011 I wrote - "A patient voice - that’s what I told the Apple tech person the other day as he spent an hour or so with us on the phone. I’ve thought about that often since I thanked him. I know I don’t always have a patient voice. I know my voice too often shows impatience. I need to do much better with this. I want people to remember me, and my voice/words, as patient and loving. Everyone, especially family, should always hear my most loving and most patient voice."

Present day - summer of 2016 - It's interesting to read this and reflect on whether or not I've made any progress. I've made a concerted effort to tune into the feelings in my heart so I can recognize anything that isn't Christ-like - and then work on that part of my being. I've found it interesting to become more aware of my heart, what's there, and how that's reflected in my thoughts, words, and actions, and yes, my voice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment