Sunday, August 28, 2016

Beautiful Sabbath Morning

I woke up about 6 this Sabbath morning and had a feeling I should look outside. I peeked out the bedroom window and saw that the sky was magnificent. I hurried out to the balcony to take in the awesomeness. This kind of sky usually doesn't last very long. As I soaked up the beauty, I felt I was receiving a "good morning" directly from God. 

Then I went to church and was touched when one of the speakers in sacrament meeting talked about a Sabbath hymn written by Robert Baird. The first few lines are: 

When the rosy light of morning
Softly beams above the hill,
And the birds, sweet heav'nly songsters,
Ev'ry dell with music fill,
Fresh from slumber we awaken;
Sunshine chases clouds away.
Nature breathes her sweetest fragrance
On the holy Sabbath day.

Text and music: Robert B. Baird, 1855-1916

As I heard these words, I felt a nudge from the Spirit and I knew that morning awakening and beautiful sight did come from God. I am abundantly grateful - for the beauty of the earth. For Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, and the Spirit. 



No comments:

Post a Comment