Thursday, December 18, 2014

Recognizing & Appreciating

Driving from the east towards downtown Kirkland there's a certain place you change elevation just enough that the Olympic Mountains and Lake Washington suddenly pop into view. The glorious sight doesn't last very long because the elevation changes again as you drive down towards Lake Washington. 

This view was so gorgeous and so unexpected initially that we literally would drive around the block just so we could see it again (and often so I could take a picture at just the right time!). I came to know exactly when to expect the view and would eagerly look forward to it. 
Now that we're approaching our fourth anniversary here, I find myself taking this beauty for granted - and I don't want to do that. It got me thinking about other parts of my life that I might also be taking for granted. I want to recognize and enjoy all the beauty, abundance, and awesomeness of my life - and give thanks.





No comments:

Post a Comment