Friday, December 5, 2014

Kirkland Parkplace & Snow

Often we mention how wonderful this community is. In March we'll celebrate our fourth anniversary here and we're still saying it's a great place to live. The day before Thanksgiving I shopped at nearby Parkplace. I went to Hoffman's BakeryTim's Seafood, the grocery, the independent bookstore, and a few other places. If I'd had time and inclination, I could have gone to a movie, eaten at any one of four or five restaurants, had a massage, bought gifts, and so forth. I paused and appreciated it all. 
Christmas trees were out. 
The Salvation Army bell ringer was greeting people going to the grocery. 
From the Parkplace parking lot you can see two cranes. 
Two apartment buildings are being built on Kirkland's Central Avenue. 

Here's our "big" snow on November 29th. 
The pictures are taken around our townhouse.
Several days later the snow still hadn't melted. 
I think this is the coldest we've experienced here. 
This temperature was about 9:30 in the morning several days after the snow fell. 

1 comment: