Thursday, October 2, 2014

Is It Genetic?

Some have said that my siblings and I can be a bit compulsive (Joe's word :)) in our approach to life. We tend to like things neat, orderly, and organized. (As an aside - one of the most hilarious conversations I recall happened when our spouses had a conversation about what it was like to be married to a Holton - but I digress.) 

Going through family keepsakes I had a good laugh over this envelope. Celia must have ordered these 29 bird prints for Dad, Richard, and David. Some of them have pencil marks, the kind made by a small child. Can you believe that after all these years, the complete set has survived, along with the original envelope!

Here's the part that makes me chuckle
written on the front - top of the envelope - "Marked or torn side"

Turn over the envelope and find "Perfect side"

Which one of the boys wrote this vital information? Based on the few samples of writing from childhood, I think I know the culprit :)
Dad (middle) and his brothers about 1939
three redheads



No comments:

Post a Comment