Friday, October 24, 2014

A Cookie History

On a recent trip to Ohio I was up late getting caught up with a friend. She brought out chocolate chip cookies. When I commented on how good they were, she smiled and said she still uses the recipe I gave her years ago. This brought back memories. Lori, a woman I visit taught in Worthington, brought me these cookies. She and her young son had made them with green food coloring for St. Patrick's Day. We liked them so much that I asked Lori for the recipe. It turned out to be the famous/infamous Neiman Marcus recipe. 

It's been proven that the recipe didn't actually originate with Neiman Marcus and the store didn't charge a customer $250 for the recipe. Check out details here. Neiman Marcus discusses the rumor on their website and lists a recipe which is different from the one that circulates on the Internet. 

I hadn't made the recipe in a while because I switched to this recipe that uses flax seed and wheat flour in addition to the traditional ingredients. When I got home from my trip, I made the tasty "Neiman Marcus" cookies. I'll be making them more frequently. 

Good friends and good cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment