Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Wisdom

Bits of wisdom are preprinted on each page of my old fashioned but still very useful paper planner (I hope some of what I record in the planner is wisdom also - but here I'm referring to the preprinted quotes :). Recently there were a number of very good sayings all in the same week.

"I believe that what we become depends on what our fathers teach us at odd moments, when they aren't trying to teach us. Umberto Eco

This reminds me of the importance of our example, walking the talk. 

Forgiveness is the economy of the heart... 
forgiveness saves the expense of anger, the cost of hatred, the waster of spirits. 

Forgiveness is the Christ-like way. Not forgiving exacts a great toll. 

The ability to simplify means to eliminate the unnecessary 
so that the necessary may speak. - Hans Hofmann

We need to make sure the noise of the world is not pushing aside and drowning out the voice of God. "Be still and know that I am God." Doctrine and Covenants 101: 16

You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body. - C.S. Lewis

I want to reread all my books by C.S. Lewis. 
I keep coming across pieces of his wisdom. 

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.  - Aesop

So true.  
"... by small and simple things are great things brought to pass "  Alma 37: 6





No comments:

Post a Comment