Saturday, June 14, 2014

Continuum - Hope, Trust, Belief, Knowledge

I have great faith in Jesus Christ and His gospel. My testimony of various parts of the gospel is an interesting combination of what I hope for, what I trust in, what I believe, and what I know. It all falls on a continuum from hope and trust at one end to belief, to sure knowledge. 

As I go through life’s experiences, some things I hoped for or trusted in develop into a belief. Sure knowledge comes for some principles. 

The Holy Ghost is one of my teachers in this process. He helps me in my communication with the Father and Jesus Christ. He helps me feel peace when answers come differently or more slowly than I would like. He helps me know when to be OK with hope and trust. He helps me know when I need to continue praying, pondering, and experiencing so a concept can move from hope to belief or even to knowledge. The Holy Ghost’s companionship and counsel have become an integral part of my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment