Friday, June 21, 2013

It Was There All The Time

From Kirkland we can see some of Seattle's downtown buildings on the other side of Lake Washington. I've looked for the iconic Space Needle but hadn't seen it in the two years we've lived here. I figured I couldn't see if because of the hills, elevation and all that. 
In early March we were coming home from church. Our route was slightly different from usual. We stopped at a stop sign about a block from our house and I COULD SEE THE SPACE NEEDLE! We circled the block, parked the car and I took a picture. It had been there the whole time. I just wasn't looking in the right place! The picture above was taken on that day. 

From that point on, almost everywhere we go in Kirkland, I can spot the Space Needle. Here it is from the Juanita Beach Park - far left side of the picture. 

Heritage Park - It's in the middle of the picture below.

All these pictures were taken with the zoom, but you could clearly see the Space Needle with the naked eye. 

Can you feel the spiritual tie-in coming on? 

God and His work are all around us. 

"Seeing many things, but thou observest not; opening the ears, but he heareth not.
Isaiah 42: 20

No comments:

Post a Comment