Saturday, June 10, 2017

Vortex to Cathedral Dome

"The world I live in is loud and blurring and toilets plug ... and I forget everything and these six kids lean hard into me all day to teach and raise and lead and I fail hard and there are real souls that are at stake and how long do I really have to figure out how to live full of grace, full of joy - before these six beautiful children fly the coop and my mothering days fold up quiet?

"How do you open the eyes to see how to take the daily domestic, workday vortex and invert it into the dome of an everyday cathedral?" (Ann Voskamp quoted by blogger Catherine Arveseth).  
**********
Obviously we're at a different point in life than Voskamp, but our situation is similar. We have our own kind of "daily domestic, workday vortex" that too often extends throughout the night.  Like Voskamp, some days I wonder how long I have to get this right, to live full of joy and grace in the midst of this daily vortex.  
Joe frequently says, "We are a team." That we are. Together we are figuring out how to deal with the challenges of this part of our lives.
We know what comes next & that's what makes 
it possible to keep going through this steep part of our journey.



No comments:

Post a Comment