Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Power

Recently my monitor was acting funny. It was on, working fine, and then it would go black. I had to press keys to get it to come back on. 

I'm normally pretty calm, and approach problems fairly methodically. But every once in a while something happens and I don't slip into my usual calm problem-solving self. This was one of those days. My mind started racing a mile a minute - one more thing to take care of. I don't have the time or the energy to deal with this. I started searching on the Internet for potential problems with this monitor. I'm going to have to make ANOTHER trip to the store to exchange this, .... 

You know how this line of thinking goes - ever spiraling upward into more anxiety and woe is me. I was really working myself up. 
Thankfully before I got too far along on this anxiety road, I looked down and noticed the computer's power cord had somehow come unplugged. The computer couldn't power the monitor in battery mode. I plugged it in and was good to go - feeling a bit chagrined that I hadn't checked this first. 

I need to slip into problem solving mode quickly - all the time. 

I could also come up with some other thoughts about making sure we're plugged into the source of power and light. I'll save that for another post at a later time. You'll probably see these pictures again.



No comments:

Post a Comment