Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Around Town


Back here I wrote about the flowers put on this table and wondered if it was in memory of the person named on the plaque, Mac Graham. I looked online and found an obituary for Mac Graham. He grew up in Kirkland and died at age 21. This lakeside table is a beautiful spot to sit and remember a loved one. Most mornings I go to the lake I see flowers on this table. The flowers are changed often. More here and here

Heads up! A week or so before this picture I saw a crane at this site with a load of four or five honey buckets chained together. The operator lifted them to the top of this construction site. This day they were lowering the buckets; two were in this load. I wondered how careful the crane operator had to be not to jiggle the containers so the contents wouldn't slosh out. 


I often get myself warmed up for the day on these very steep stairs. Some mornings my body really resists climbing them. I loop around the block so I can walk the stairs multiple times. Often when my body is saying we can't do this again, I'll push on - just one more time. 
This tiny plant is growing half way up the stairs. It inspires me. Despite all the concrete and caulking, it found a way to sprout and grow. Persistence! 


Centennial Fountain at Marina Park frames Seattle across the lake



No comments:

Post a Comment