Saturday, August 2, 2014

Transitions - Camera

You can probably tell that we take a LOT of pictures. I come from a family of picture takers - going back to my father's parents. Dad processed his film in the darkroom we had in our basement. Several of us learned how to print pictures at home. Some of my siblings and I were photographers for the high school newspaper. 

Our family has had many kinds of cameras over the years. We've done big, bulky cameras; film point and shoot as well as film SLR. Then we moved to digital, always point and shoot. We've purchased medium to high end point and shoot cameras. It took me quite a while to mentally adjust to the fact that the camera on my iPhone 5s takes better pictures than our point and shoot camera (except for zoom and macro functions). This past family reunion I took all pictures on my phone. That's a major transition for us. Some people at the reunion had digital SLR cameras. I don't know if we'll make that leap or not. One of my criteria for a camera is that it fits in my pocket. 

Will convenience or quality win out? Or will we go with both? Time will tell. 

No comments:

Post a Comment