Thursday, July 10, 2014

Phone Calls With God

 
By Michael Todd

When I began to know my Heavenly Father I had a phone put in (prayer) and He taught me how to use it.

I would call Him up in the morning and tell Him what I was going to do that day and ask Him to look out over me, and for advice and for help.

When I first had this phone put in I didn’t know my Father well and sometimes all I could do is say “Hi, its [sic] me”

But I began to know Him better and call more frequently. When my life was difficult He gave me the perfect advice, if I took it.

I began to tell Him what I was going to do, He would counsel me kindly and tell me I was making a mistake but I thought I knew better. I realize now that He was right, always.

Pretty soon I couldn’t pay my phone bill. And my phone was shut off. My life fell apart, I was miserable. I let my heart grow hard. I convinced myself that my Father didn’t love me or really know me. That He wasn’t there for me. I never realized He stood outside my window and always looked in on me. He saw how I stopped cleaning my home and it became filthy and He stood outside with tears in His eyes. I began to forget my Father, my best friend, but He never forgot me.

Every once in a while I received a letter from Him. Most of the time I didn’t open them. Once He sent me the money to Pay the Bill but I used the money for something else.

My life got worse and worse. When I was about to get evicted I called Him collect. I thought He wouldn’t answer or would be at Home. (He is always at home.)

I thought He would be mad at me. He wasn’t just a little disappointed (He loves His children).

I thought His phone number would change. I didn’t know His number is always the same (You can always reach Him, He will always listen to you)

I thought He wouldn’t help me. (He will Always help his children)

He told me He loved me still. I was comforted and soon went to sleep. I awoke the next morning and the first thing I did was call (pray) my Father, and tell Him how sorry I was for not calling before. He told me to put my house in order, to start cleaning up, my house was a mess. If I got discouraged to call Him for encouragement.

I called Him that evening and asked Him how He got my phone turned on so quickly.

He told me I sent your Brother down to pay your Bill. He told me I needed to call him frequently or this might happen again. I told Him, I didn’t have a job and could pay my phone bill. He told me that it was ok, my Brother agreed to pay my phone bill until I could. He told me that when I got a job to pay as much as I could and my Brother would pay the rest. He said if I had to call more often and my bill was too high my Brother said He’d pay the difference.


Michael Todd


- The document was created in September 2005. 
We're not sure when he wrote it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment