Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Ducks

These pictures were taken at Parkplace, a shopping center not far from us. Last spring I noticed a pair of ducks (above) frequently waddling around the stores. They were at the shopping center a long time; I don't recall when I stopped seeing them. Several weeks ago I noticed a pair of ducks once again - see picture below. The male might be the same one. The female is different from last year. Do they have a nest somewhere in the vicinity? In the picture below the ducks are hanging outside the local fish store. 
The fish from this store is excellent. The crabcakes are especially delicious. 

Last spring - On my early morning walk I was surprised to see these two ducks swimming in the community pool. The lake is just a few blocks away. 
Then a week or so later, the lake looked like this. It was cold and windy. 
 That morning the ducks decided to go to the pool. Only one problem - the cover had been put on the pool. 
Sometimes the ducks sleep on the lake shore. Other times they sleep in the grass. 
Are these "men" deciding where they're going to sleep that night?
More pictures from Spring 2011




No comments:

Post a Comment