Friday, April 13, 2012

Watch With Me One Hour

Leaving most of His disciples behind, Christ asked Peter, James, and John to go with him further into the Garden of Gethsemane. Then He asked these three, "tarry ye here, and watch with me." Jesus went off to pray to His Father. When He returned, He found Peter, James, and John asleep, roused them, and asked,

Again, Christ went off to pray. When He returned, he found them asleep again. This time He didn't wake them. After another prayer, Christ returned to find them still asleep. He woke them and told them "the hour is at hand."

I ask this question of myself. Am I doing all I can to "watch" with Christ - to do what He has asked me to do? Do I miss out on opportunities to serve Christ by loving and serving others because I can't muster what it takes to "watch with Him one hour?"





No comments:

Post a Comment