Friday, June 4, 2021

Legacy

 Legacy - I think about this frequently as I work with our family archives. The fact that I just celebrated my 75th birthday also brings thoughts of what I'm leaving behind when my turn on earth is completed. 

What stories, experiences, person characteristics have been left behind for us? What will we leave for those who come after us?



Leigh Nash addresses this in “Something Worth Leaving Behind.” 

I keep my eyes on what is eternal 

It's a song that won't fade away 

Still I ask myself what is eternal 

……

Cause I’m desperate for a life that has meaning

Try write a line that's worth repeating

That'll make you think of me when my heart's done beating You'll pass down the line

That'll stand the test of time

Something worth leaving behind

 

***************

Check out  “Grace Notes” on BYU TV. The host talks with musicians about the connection between their music and their faith. 



No comments:

Post a Comment