Friday, December 20, 2019

Connections On Both Sides Of The Veil

I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that our family who have gone before us are aware of us. Some are more "vocal" about wanting to be found and remembered than others. 

These quotes resonate with me as I seek to discover them and help others get to know family on both sides of the veil. 

"I believe the veil thins as we reach across it to know our family, and they likewise reach across it to bless us and our families. Expect miracles as you do family history work; I testify that they will come. Our ancestors want to be found; they want to be remembered, and they will assist you in this great work, for it is Christ's work, and He has not left us alone to do it." Valerie Elkins 

If I want my children and grandchildren to know those who still live in my memory, then I must build the bridge between them. I alone am the link to the generations that stand on either side of me. Dennis B. Neuwnschwander

As I learn the stories of my ancestors, it gives me peace and inspiration to better live my life. Doing family history has connected my heart to my family and strengthened those relationships, both here on earth and beyond the grave. I can say with clarity that our ancestors love us and greatly care about our work here. If we choose to work with them, doing family history work, we will be blessed with personal power and strength to achieve our mission and bind our families together. We will come to know Jesus Christ and His eternal strength in a new and tender way that will bless our lives forevermore. Melanie Burke

Stories of our ancestors can bind hearts between generations, increase love and appreciation for those who paved the way, and build our faith.  Tad R. Callister 

Family history has changed the way I see my life story. It is now enriched and deepened.  Elizabeth Miller

images - Ray Pepper's family - I think. Most of them are without identification

No comments:

Post a Comment