Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Thankful For Little Things

In this season of Thanksgiving we usually express thanks for the 
really important things in life
such as 
family, friends, and faith
 It's also nice the appreciate the little things
such as these tiny ice cream cones from Trader Joe's. 
They have just the right combination of chocolate coating, chocolate ice cream, waffle cone & more chocolate coating hidden in the pointy end.
I never thought I'd be thankful for plastic grocery bags and doubly thankful for a friend who has been saving plastic bags for who knows how long. Several years ago Kirkland banned plastic bags for all but a few specific uses. Since then I've had to buy plastic bags for our trash cans and other miscellaneous uses - or grocery shop outside of Kirkland so I can replenish my supply. I was murmuring about this to a friend and she revealed she has an extensive cache of plastic bags. A year and a half ago she gifted me with a huge batch of plastic grocery bags. Recently she was glad to replenish my supply. 



No comments:

Post a Comment