Thursday, November 2, 2017

Dad & Try God


When Dad was in the hospital with pneumonia, he mentioned this "Try God" pin. In retrospect it was an interesting conversation because we thought the surgery would be successful and he'd return home. Nevertheless, during those few days at the hospital, Dad sometimes said things that made me think he knew death was near. 

Dad told me I'd find a "Try God" pin among his belongings and people might wonder about it. 

In an email to my siblings just a week after Dad's death I wrote: 

"Dad saw an ad in the New York Times selling lapel pins that said "Try God". This was a money raising event for a home* for "wayward" women. Dad contributed and continued to do so for many years."

Dad commented that more people should "Try God" to help with challenges in their lives. 


June 2003 just a few months 
before his death

**************
more here



No comments:

Post a Comment