Thursday, April 20, 2017

How Did I Miss This?


My morning walks often take me down this street. It was months before I noticed the HUGE tree in a small piece of land between buildings.
When I became aware of it, I was struck by its beauty. I wondered about its age. Lake Washington used to come up to this street so the tree must have been on the shoreline of the lake for centuries. 
I wondered how I could have walked by this HUGE trunk and never noticed it. Why didn't I ever look up? I don't pay attention to my phone when I'm walking so I wasn't distracted in that way. I tend to notice flowers, why didn't I see what was right in front of me?

Now that I know it's there, I am very aware of the tree, its size, its beauty.
Look up!
Open My Eyes!
Behold!
**********************
And their eyes were opened, and they knew him (Luke 24: 31)






No comments:

Post a Comment