Thursday, November 10, 2016

Feasting


 "... feast upon the words of Christ; for behold, the words of Christ will tell you all things what ye should do. 2 Nephi 32:3


Feast on the words of Christ - I'm learning how to do this. 

I love reading the scriptures. I love studying them in depth - trying to learn, trying to remember, and figuring out how to apply them in my life - all so I can be more like Christ and do His work.

Scripture study is part of my daily routine. My day goes more smoothly, more calmly, if I make time for this at the beginning of the day. My day feels lacking when I skip feasting on the scriptures - like I've skipped a meal. 

Apostle Paul said the Jews in Berea "received the word with all readiness of mind,” and they "searched the scriptures daily...” Acts 17:11

"Daily scripture study is an essential ingredient to our spirituality. Nothing else can fully compensate for its absence in our daily routine. For this reason, scripture study should be set-aside time, not leftover time." Tad Callister




I have found that quickly reading (glancing?) at scriptures in leftover time is not nearly as rewarding as making time for scripture study. 

I am thankful for scriptures and the counsel, wisdom, and love they contain. 




No comments:

Post a Comment