Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Love Underneath the Clutter

Way back around Valentine's Day a busy mother reflected on the stuff of the holiday and the love that sometimes gets buried underneath the "clutter" of holidays and every day routine. 


Says Saydi Eyre Shumway, "I just want to make sure that the stuff of holidays doesn’t get in the way of the real meaning behind them.  The stuff is productive, it’s tangible, it’s something we can see and measure and post. ... But love is the substance of everything.  If I step back to examine my motivations, love is the engine driving what I do.  ... that’s actually propelling my actions.  I’ve found that when I stop to love and to recognize the love embedded in the work I’m doing then even the mundane motherhood tasks become meaningful, become a part of the real magic of love." 

She quotes Richard A. Swenson,  “Love is the only thing that will exit out the other side. It will stand alone, vindicated. It will finally and clearly be seen for the dominant, unbeatable, infinite, glorified force it has always been, just obscured for millennia by layers of fallen clutter.”

Shumway concludes by saying she wants to cut through the layers of fallen clutter so she can focus on the love that drives all she does.  (Read whole post here)
***************

For God so loved the world [and each of us in it], that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3: 16

"A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you" John 13:34

No comments:

Post a Comment