Monday, December 14, 2020

Books

“When I read a book I seem to read it with my eyes only, but now and then I come across a passage perhaps only a phrase, which has a meaning for me, and it becomes part of me.” W. Somerset Maugham 


Some books keep my interest because I'm fascinated by the subject. Or I read a book  because I need or want the information, so I plow through each page. In other books, I enjoy the way the author writes. Sometimes I find myself captivated by the story. 

Every once in a while I come across a passage or phrase that causes me to stop and take in its beauty or meaning or connection with feelings I've experienced.

I am thankful for books. I am thankful my parents emphasized reading. They talked about books. They read books. They filled our home with books. 

I want to leave that same legacy for my family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment