Sunday, August 2, 2020

Closure or Renewal?

 This time of Covid-19 has brought many closures, restrictions, and changes in many of our routines. 

Since I live by myself and I'm in the vulnerable age group for the virus and its complications, the restrictions, cautions, and logistics on where I can go and who I can see, have changed my daily life and other plans in major ways. I've felt disappointment, frustration, trepidation, and many other emotions since March. 

I've had to be more mindful of ways I can stay in touch with people if I can't see them in person. I have more time to focus on several major projects I can do at home, like building our digital family memorial library.

I've had to prayerfully figure out how I can feel the same connection with God that I feel attending church with family and friends or being of service in-person without concern for anyone's health. How can I experience these feelings when there are so many restrictions and concerns?

What am I to learn from this time of closure and restrictions? Gary Stevenson talked about using such times of closure as a time for renewal. He used the closure of the Salt Lake City Temple as a framework for his comments. 

"I envision it more as a time of renewal rather than a time of closure! In a similar way, we might ask ourselves, “How could this extensive renewal of the Salt Lake Temple inspire us to undergo our own spiritual renewal, reconstruction, rebirth, revitalization, or restoration?”  Gary Stevenson 
*************


Back here I wrote about the Salt Lake City Temple 
being closed for four years for seismic upgrades. 

No comments:

Post a Comment