Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Knowing

When talking of things of God, people often use the words hope or believe. Sometimes you hear someone say she "knows" something related to God and you wonder how a person can have certain knowledge about anything pertaining to God. My own experiences with God encompass questioning, hoping, having faith, believing and yes, knowing some things for certain. 

Behold, I say unto you they are made known unto me by the Holy Spirit of God. Behold, I have fasted and prayed many days that I might know these things of myself. And now I do know of myself that they are true; for the Lord God hath made them manifest unto me by his Holy Spirit; and this is the spirit of revelation which is in me.  Alma 5:46

There are moments in which we are connect with God and somehow we recognize the connection and we know that God knows we are connected. It’s difficult to articulate but it’s very real; it’s very clear what is happening. 

Joseph Smith expressed it this way "What I received was from heaven. I know it, and I know that God knows that I know it." 

"... spiritually defining memories from our book of life are like luminous stones that help brighten the road ahead, assuring us that God knows us, loves us, and has sent His Son, Jesus Christ, to help us return home." Neil Andersen

As I journey on the path of discipleship, I continue to question, hope, and believe. And I treasure those sacred experiences when I know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment