Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Christ - Minister



"As we minister to others, we become true followers of Jesus Christ, who sets the example for us. “We are surrounded by those in need. … We are the Lord’s hands here upon the earth, with the mandate to serve and to lift His children.” Thomas S. Monson

“With practice, each of us can become more like the Savior as we serve God’s children. To help us better [minister to] one another, I would like to suggest four words to remember: ‘First observe, then serve.’ … As we do so, we are keeping covenants, and our service, like President Monson’s, will be evidence of our discipleship.” Linda K. Burton

"But Jesus called them unto him, and said, Ye know that the princes of the Gentiles exercise dominion over them, and they that are great exercise authority upon them. But it shall not be so among you: but whosoever will be great among you, let him be your minister; And whosoever will be chief among you, let him be your servant: Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many."  Matthew 20: 25-28

It's in ministering, or serving, that I've grown the most and learned the most. When I listen to the Spirit to know where I can be of help, and then follow through and actually be of help, I know I'm ministering and doing what the Lord would do. But I also know that I'm being taught and learning as I serve. Interestingly I often learn the most from those service "opportunities" that come at seemingly the most inconvenient times. I am thankful for Christ's example of ministering. I'm thankful for the way He ministers to me so that I can learn how to minister and the importance of serving others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment