Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Certainties & Uncertainties

“I am deciding to embrace the uncertainty with the glorious certainty.”

"Today I feel like I simply cannot keep track of all the thoughts buzzing through my head and heart. I feel like I’m swimming in uncertainty about so many aspects of my life, and I just don't and can't know what the future holds. And in this pool of ambivalence, I've been reflecting on the gratitude I feel for the things that I am certain are certain in my life.”  Charity Eyre Wright

I came across this in a blog post on a morning when I was feeling much uncertainty. The phrase “embrace the uncertainty with the glorious certainty” really touched my heart and head. The blogger related the certainties that would help her deal with the multitude of uncertainties in her life at the moment. That’s a good thing to do – much like counting our blessings when things get tough and we lose sight of the blessings.

Here are some of my certainties. God is in heaven and I am His daughter. He knows me and loves me. Jesus Christ is my Savior. He knows me and loves me. The atonement was for me and all who are on this earth. I have faith in the rightness of learning and living the gospel of Jesus Christ. That way of life makes a difference for me and others around me. Joe and I are eternal companions. Our relationship will continue after this life. Physical challenges and trials in life are but a small moment when put in eternal perspective. I love our children and grandchildren, my siblings and their families. Families are our most important stewardship.  

These glorious certainties strengthen me and help me face, yes “embrace” the uncertainties. 

No comments:

Post a Comment